Summer has arrived in Doha and unlike most of the world this is not necessarily a great thing. Whenever you step outside you feel like you have walked in to an oven (i’m seriously not kidding). While most of the world is enjoy picnics, drinks and lounging in the great outdoors here in Doha your counting down the minutes until your back in the cooling arms of an Air Conditioned car, shopping mall, restaurant or house. During these hot moments I have been finding myself craving a refreshing summery drink and in my search for the perfect one I head to my favorite place for inspiration PINTEREST. I have found so many that I am dying to try and eventually share with you. Strawberry Lemonade is the first I have tried and so far it has ticked all the boxes for me, it’s sweet but tangy at the same time, fruity, refreshing, easy to make and delicious. I will definitely be making it again and I suggest you start making this ASAP because you won’t regret it.
- 1 lb/450g-500g of Strawberries, Washed and cut in to small pieces
- 6 Lemons, Juiced and set aside
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 1 Cup of sugar (you can alter this depending on taste)
- 6 Cups of Water
- Ice (to serve)
1. Zest your lemon and set aside, then juice your 6 lemons and set this aside to.
2. Chop up all your strawberries and place them in a small saucepan with your sugar, 1 cup of water and the lemon zest.
3. Stirring constantly, cook on a medium/high heat until it starts to boil, then remove from the stove.
4. If you want your strawberries to be a smoother consistency with not many chunks of strawberries I would suggest blending the mixture with a hand held blender; this is what I done.
5. Pour the strawberry mixture in to a pitcher, add 5 cups of water and the lemon juice. Stir until combined. Taste and add more sugar, water or lemon juice if needed.
6. Cool in the fridge and serve with ice.
- I had too much strawberry lemonade to fit comfortable in to my pitcher so I turned the leftover strawberry lemonade in to ice lollies and they tasted just as fab.
- If you want a naughty version of this drink try adding some vodka 😛
Recipe Taken From: Pinterest – http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/2014/05/rainforest-cafe-copycat-strawberry-lemonade.html