I am in love with this recipe, it is what I like to call summer comfort food. It is the ideal meal to make when you want to come home from a hard day, make something quick and easy and curl up on the sofa and take comfort in a delicious meal. I definitely don’t think comfort food should be specific to the cold Autumn/Winter months.
- 400g chicken OR leftover cooked chicken
- 1 lemon
- 240g frozen peas
- 220g risotto
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1tsp Butter
- 600ml chicken Stocks
- Handful of basil or parsley
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas 6. Wash the lemon and finely grate the zest. Place the chicken strips in a deep tin. Pour the lemon juice and grated zest over and cook in the preheated oven for 20-25 mins (10-15 mins if using cooked chicken).
2. Meanwhile, heat the butter and olive oil together in a large wide saucepan, add the rice, and stir to coat the grains with the oil. Heat the chicken stock and keep it simmering on the top of the stove, next to the risotto pan.
3. Gradually add the stock to the rice, stirring, allowing each lot to be absorbed before adding the next. Add the frozen peas when you’ve used up about half of the stock. When all the stock has been used up, add the chicken strips and stir thoroughly until piping hot. Add the herbs and serve straight away and enjoy.
Recipe Sourced: Good To Know Magazine.