Greek yogurt and Nutella is a match made in heaven when combined in these dreamy muffins. The yogurt and oil mixture makes them very light while the Nutella and equally delicious strudel topping just takes these muffins to another level. These muffins will have you coming back for more and will fast become a staple in your baking repertoire as they are so delicious and easy to make. Happy Baking!!!!
MAKES: 12-14 MUFFINS
- 2 cups (approx 280g) of plain flour
- 1 cup (approx 200g) caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 jar Nutella
- 2/3 cup (approx 115g) brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (approx 50g) plain flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp soft butter
- Preheat oven to 200c/180c fan. Line your muffin tray with muffin cases.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the dry ingredients; flour, sugar, salt and baking powder.
- In a large bowl, mix together the wet ingredients; vegetable oil, eggs and yogurt. Whisk the wet ingredients till fully combined.
4. Add the flour mixture to the yogurt mixture and mix until just combined.
5.TO MAKE THE TOPPING; Combine the topping ingredients in a small bowl. Mix together with your fingertips to make a crumb like mixture.
6. Fill the muffin cases with the batter about 1/3 full (about 1 tsp). Add a generous amount of Nutella, add more muffin batter on top of the Nutella to fill the cases to 3/4 full.
7. Sprinkle the topping mixture over the muffins and bake for 20 mins. Serve and enjoy. Happy Baking!!!
Recipe taken from: http://juliasalbum.com/2013/08/greek-yogurt-muffins-with-nutella/